♱ Body of Christ ♱

muttonhead

Voted Best Member
High rep power
Buttholer
humility and ascetic hardship free a man from all sin, for the one cuts out the passions of the soul, the other those of the body :pipe:

muttonhead

Voted Best Member
High rep power
Buttholer
i fear he may have cooked here

muttonhead

Voted Best Member
High rep power
Buttholer
finished the Bible yesterday, which happened to be Ascension Day :cheer: read it front to back over the course of like 9 months.

main takeaway from the old test is the constant cycle of people being unfaithful to God, getting severely punished, then repenting and turning to God. this cycle repeats over and over on an individual and civilizational level throughout history.

wats interdasting about the new test was that this lack of faith persisted even as God walked among them and performed countless miracles right before their eyes. Jesus constantly rebukes his disciples for their lack off faith. this continues even after Jesus is resurrected, and Thomas needed to inspect the wounds before he believed.

i think faith is difficult because it requires a kind of interior crucifixion to take place. ur own intellect has to be subordinated to God. just as the light of the sun is total darkness to a bat, so the Light of God is total darkness to the intellect. we approach Him not by intellection but by humility-- oops i just farded :embarrassed:

Mooop

Low rep power
I found Aquinas’s commentary on the Hail Mary to be very insightful. it’s a short read, and will probly deepen your experience with praying the Rosary :coffee:

very good reading, i need to start reading Aquinas more

muttonhead

Voted Best Member
High rep power
Buttholer
from the Imitation of Christ:

progress in the spiritual life consists not in having the grace of consolation, but in enduring its withdrawal with humility, resignation, and patience, so that you neither become listless in prayer nor neglect your duties in the least, but in the contrary do what you can do as well as you know how, and do not neglect yourself completely because of your anxiety or your dryness of mind.

muttonhead

Voted Best Member
High rep power
Buttholer
quote-start-being-brave-about-everything-drive-out-darkness-and-spread-light-don-look-at-your-...jpg

735.jpg

pissballsack

Low rep power

He who is inclined to lust is merciful and tender-hearted; those who are inclined to purity are not so (Saint John Climacus)​